As mentioned in the Monday Woolly Weekly, we wanted to get the Woolly Elections out in front of people. As you may or may not know, the Woolly Bike Club has a set of board members that administer the business of the club.
The annual board member election is coming up soon. What we want you, yes YOU, to do about it:
- Make sure your membership is up to date – As an IMBA chapter, this means that your IMBA membership is current and you have designated Woolly Bike Club as your chapter.
- Run for the board! – If you are a member in good standing (see item 1), you are eligible to run for one of the open board positions (chair, treasurer, or the three board members at large). You are committing to attend a minimum of 8 of the 12 monthly board meetings and helping run the club as best you can.
- Nominate someone for the board! – Maybe you aren’t ready to run for the board yourself, but you know someone who has the skills and talent to help the club. Nominate them for the board. Maybe they just need the push from someone else to realize their potential.
- Vote at the November Member Meeting on 11/9 – There isn’t any point to having an election if no one votes. The election process has been revamped to give all members a say in electing the board. Do your Woolly civic duty and vote.
Without our board, the Woolly Bike Club would cease to exist and those trails that you love would eventually overgrow and disappear.
Dallas Wynne has been appointed the Nominations Chair by the board. Any member wishing to be considered for any of the board positions or wishing to nominate anyone else should get in touch with Dallas at dbwynne74 <at> gmail <dot> com.
Our ballot needs to be finalized by October 21st to give ample time for the membership to see the ballot and prepare to vote. This means that if folks don’t start nominating themselves or others quickly, Dallas is going to start strong arming people into running for office.
If you want all the details, here is the full Woolly Elections Process that as approved by the board this summer:
- The following positions shall be elected by (popular/majority) vote of the members of the Woolly club in good standing
- Chair (year A)
- Vice Chair (year B)
- Treasurer (year A)
- Secretary (year B)
- Nomination Process
- The board shall appoint a nominations chair to solicit volunteers for all open positions during the month of October
- The nomination chair shall not be seeking election
- The ballot shall be finalized by October 21st
- Members Eligible for the board
- May be in another position, that current position shall be added to the ballot and the member may not run for both positions, the newly elected person fills the remainder of the prior members term
- Election Process
- The nominations chair shall have the ballot published 2 weeks prior to the November meeting where the final voting shall happen
- The ballot shall be published in the following locations
- Email to all members in good standing with an email on file
- Post to the website
- The nominations chair shall accept votes in the following manner (1 per member in good standing)
- Email to a designated email address (as noted in the ballot)
- Written ballot received in the PO box no later than the date of the November meeting
- Secret ballot at the November meeting
- New Terms
- Newly elected board members take office on the first day of January on the following year